Friday, June 5, 2009

Are You Ready for a Century?

We talked about it, we laughed about it, we all said we could do it and now it is time to put up or shut up. What am I talking about? How about the century bike ride. I'm in how about everyone else?

If we are going to do this we need to decide when and where. I really liked Sarah's suggestion about riding through the apple orchards of southwestern Michigan. Now imagine my surprise when I did a search the other day for century bike rides and up pops the Apple Cider Century. This bike ride is located in southwestern Michigan just a few miles from where she lives. I tagged it as a favorite for my facebook account and she noticed it and tagged it too. We sent a couple of notes back and forth and I think along with Sarah this will be a good century to ride in. I told lil' sis about it tonight and she likes the idea too.

If you want to check out the ride for yourself here is the link for their website.

http://www.applecidercentury.com/

It takes place on September 27th which means trees will be starting to change colors and the weather should be a little cooler.

I like the idea of an organized ride because they will have drinks and food available along the route. That will the much less we will have to carry with us making it much easier to go 100 miles. Plus there will be emergency vehicles available in case we need one.

Let me know what everyone thinks and if we are going to do this we need to get our forms filled out and entered because they only take the first 5000 riders and it does fill up.

I did this by blog because I don't have everyones email address besides it is only family that reads this anyway. By the way anyone who wants to do this is invited if you are foolish enough.

Are you ready for a century?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready for a half century, but I'm in! I've printed my registration and just waiting to hear that everyone else has done the same.

jporterGOP said...

I'm in. Want to register me?

Unknown said...

Yeah, I figured I would have to any way.

carriegel said...

i can't do it!! we have pirates tickets with foreigner the night before and we are supposed to go up north the next week. ahhhh

Unknown said...

Well then let's find another one.

Anonymous said...

I'm all in favor of finding another one so everyone can participate, but let's keep this one in mind for 2010 -- it looks like a beautiful ride!

Unknown said...

Oh definitely, I have been looking for others but they are hard to find. I found one that rides the north shore of Chicago and into southern Wisconsin. It also takes you through some pretty exclusive neighborhoods in Chicago. I found another one in Pennsylvania by the New Jersey state line that sounds real nice. It has a climb to it but once you are up there it says you can see 100 miles in all directions. Another one in late October in Virginia that starts in the Shenandoah Valley and into the Allegheny Mountains. That one might be getting to far away for some of us though. I will keep looking and everyone else needs to keep their eyes open.

megawatt miler said...

definitely keep it in mind for the future-i've heard nothing but really good things about it from people at work, and it does always fill up.