Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Plead Ignorance

I thought since the rest of the family has started a blog maybe I should give it a shot. I am not a great writer, unlike my nieces, nephews, sons and daughters, but I will give it a shot. My younger sister (boy that is funny since she is almost a half of century old) started the first blog in the family and while I may not be able to come up with the same interesting blogs she does (Survivor, American Idol or the Partridge Family) I will never the less try.

I think the title of the blog will fit since this will be my random thoughts about various subjects. I will at times blog about sports, family, politics, hunting, fishing, well you get the idea. I will from time to time jump up on my soapbox but I will try to keep it to a minimum, besides if you don't like it there is always the little red "x" in the upper right corner of your screen that will close out the screen.

I have thought about doing a blog for a while now but I didn't have a clue how to get started until my younger sister ( yeah the one that is almost a half of century old) started one. That gave me some hope, I thought if she could do it just maybe, maybe I could figure it out. I am not sure I have it figured out yet but this blog, like all blogs I suppose, will be a work in progress. I guess you can say she inspired me along with a niece and nephew. I will try not to rehash items that have shown up on their blogs (unless they give me an idea that I can expand on.). As long as The Dirt Road Girl continues to talk about Survivor and American Idol I really don't think that will be a problem anyway. I have never watched either one of these American classics. With the Dirt Road Kid talking about university life and teaching and the Dirt Road Middle Child discussing Mickey D's and hair plugs I really don't see a problem here either.

I have talked to two of my kids about writing a blog and it sounds as though they may start one of their own too. I am hoping so because it will be one way for me to keep track of them. Maybe. And maybe, just maybe, they will keep me informed about what they are doing. Nah, who am I kidding.

7 comments:

carriegel said...

i am sitting here cracking up. i think you meant ear plugs not hair plugs! hair plugs are something you might be able to right about though.

mickey said...

Ha ha ha.

Yes, the plugs went in my ears.

I don't (yet) have a need for hair plugs.

Unknown said...

If you read my title "I Plead Ignorance" it says it all. I have no clue the difference between a ear plug or a hair plug. The only ear plugs I am aware of are the ones to protect your hearing in loud places.

Oh, mickey, if you take after your mothers side of the family you will need those hair plugs.

Anonymous said...

On the surface, all would seem well if it weren't for ignorance was also spelled wrong! And sister, write isn't right.

Looking forward to adding the Double J's too. Bring it on. I'm lovin' this!

JP said...

Keep track of me? Psh... John's the one that doesn't call. This comment is my official start of my account. Minutes from now I might even post a blog.

Unknown said...

Has anybody seen or heard from the other J yet because I haven't.

jporterGOP said...

Here I am, and Joni, don't let Dad steal your trust of me; I call.

PS

All phones have a 'send' button.