Saturday, September 20, 2008

Week 3 - Detroit Pussycats vs. San Fransico 49's

There is no reason known to man why I should keep following the Lions. Well maybe there is one to see how close they end up to the number one pick in next years draft.

This week they are playing a team in as bad as shape as they are in. Will this give them a chance? Hell no. The 49's are the team that hired Mike Martz after the Lions fired him last year. After that they signed the second or third string quarterback from the Lions roster last year and inserted him as their number one quarterback. I read somewhere this week where Martz would still prefer Kitna over O'Sullivan. I say give him to them, please.

I expect O'Sullivan to have a career day tomorrow. Martz is the type of guy that will do anything to get revenge on a former employer. He thinks he is a offensive genius and his system will work anywhere. I am not a Martz fan but I too think his system will work against the Lions. Everyones system works against the Lions.

As for the Lions if you watch last weeks game I think Kitna quit on the Lions and the fans. I think he quit before he threw the interceptions, in fact I think he quit before the game started. The players know this too because there is a lot of distention inside the locker room right now. Kitna doesn't think Martz should have been fired from the Lions last year. He believed in his system and likes to play in his system. Some of the other players don't share the same sentiments as Kitna about Martz and so there is a locker room divided. I think the only way to cure this problem is to get rid of Kitna and play one of the other quarterbacks. It is time to make changes, big changes if the Lions ever want to be a NFL franchise again.

My prediction for the game is SF 38 Lions 13. Kitna will be replaced at half time and hopefully cut from the team before the bye week gets here. It is time to play one of the other quarterbacks.

Luckily Michigan doesn't play this week so I can avoid some more embarrassment this week. Since they don't play I thought I should throw my 2 cents worth in on the MSU vs Notre Dame game. This might the year for MSU, it has been about 20 years since the last good year. ND will struggle against the MSU running game (the MSU running game is called Ringer). ND gave up large chunks of yardage last week to Michigan who is inexperienced with all the freshman starting for them. I just can't see ND stopping MSU. I also think ND will have a huge letdown this week and couple that with MSU having this game circled on their calender for the last year I think this could get ugly. Prediction MSU 35 ND 17 and that's being kind.

2 comments:

carriegel said...

I am afraid you will be right about he ND/Mich State game. I am hoping for an upset but am prepared for a loss.

As far as the Lions this is what USA had to say.

"Showing the kind of consistency that comes from working for Matt Millen, the Lions maintained their reputation as horrible road warriors with that season-opening loss at Atlanta. It will be more of the same this week for a team that likely will be an underdog in every game it plays this season.
49ers 35, Lions 20 "

Can't argue with that, brother.

Unknown said...

Yep, I have to agree with USA Today.