Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why You Can't Trust Politcal Ads

Have I ever mentioned that I hate political ads? The candidates distort daily what was said the day before by the other candidate. The reason I am bringing this up tonight is because after I got home tonight and turned on the news (yes it was Fox News) there was a great example of what a candidates will do to distort the news. This clip is appearing in an Obama campaign ad.



Here is what was really said.



I can't believe a candidate is allowed to distort a quote this bad. I know it happens to both sides but this is ridiculous. How can a candidate do such a hatchet job on a quote? Where is the responsibility? Why do us Americans put up with this crap during every election? This is the type of crap that turns off people from voting. Don't the candidates know this or are they just to out of touch to care? Whatever it is something has to happen and hold people accountable for this kind of BS. Let's get this straight I am not blaming Obama for this ad. I blame his political machine who will stop at nothing to get him elected.

I'm sure Obama doesn't screen every ad for him running for president just like McCain doesn't either but somewhere someone has to take some accountability for these ads. Just like Harry S. Truman said "The buck stops here." Obama and McCain need to rein in their marketing departments and stop this crap before they turn off the entire voting population.

As I write this tonight I am listening to Gov. Hucklebee say the same thing I have been ranting about. Just knock it off, both of you and talk about the real issues that Americans care about.

This is one more reason why you can't believe a lot of the stuff your see or hear. It's enough to make your head spin.

7 comments:

jporterGOP said...

i guess they're not really distorting her quote, because they just cut it short. however, it should be a crime to portray her quote like that, since she clearly didn't mean for it to be like they cut it to.

megawatt miler said...

wow

carriegel said...

it is the distortion of sarah palin's quotes that is pushing me into voting for her.

what are they, the media, so afraid of her?

i can't wait for the debates. well, as long as they aren't on the same time as survivor!

Shaelynn said...

Has anyone seen this anywhere but Fox News?

Unknown said...

An article and complete quote are also on the MSNBC web site.

You ask that like there is something wrong with Fox News. If you want fair reporting they are the best. If you want biased reporting MSNBC and NBC are the worst by far with a second going to CBS news. I refuse to watch MSNBC and the only reason I went to their web site was to see if they reported on the quote being taken out of context, and they did.

jporterGOP said...

what's this have anything to do with FOX News? that second video wasn't on FOX News, that's the unedited interview of MSNBC

Unknown said...

This had nothing to do with Fox News and I don't think MSNBC had anything to do with it either other than it was originally aired on their show. I have know idea how MSNBC aired the original interview but I am assuming they aired it in its entirety.

As I also said MSNBC did have an article on their web site about the Obama ad and the original interview. As much as I don't like MSNBC I thought the article was very fair.

I don't think we can blame MSNBC here all the blame goes to the Obama camp.