Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another Sequel?

I listen to a classic rock station here in Wisconsin and every now and then they will throw in some new and almost new music. This is one of those songs which I thought was a remake of Sweet Home Alabama until I finally got to hear the whole song the other day and then realized what the song was about, Northern Michigan. Then imagine my surprise when I found out Kid Rock sang it. Needless to say I was shocked, I didn't think he had any songs I actually liked. It is called "All Summer Long."

And then I did a search on Kid Rock and found this song called "Amen".

Can it be possible that a "Hollywood" type (yes I know he is from Detroit) might actually get it?

Most of the songs I have heard him do I didn't really care for but now I may have to start to listen to more of his music to see if he might have any more songs as good as these two.

Who would of guessed?

5 comments:

carriegel said...

me, because i love kid rock. will be posting some songs later today.

jporterGOP said...

amen is a great, great song. especially the line that says "and how can we seek salvation when our nation's race relations got me feeling guilty of being white?"

however, not a big fan of All Summer Long...and it's actually got the beat from two songs in it...Werewolves of London (warren zevon), and of course Sweet Home Alabama. I bet if you listened to his whole new album "Rock and Roll Jesus", you'd enjoy most of it. It's that souther rock/country sound...while i'm not a huge fan, it has its perks.

jporterGOP said...

PS...it's hank's birthday on the 4th of June, he's turning the big 4...(28 in dog years)

better bring him a sweet gift

Unknown said...

I hate to break the news to you but Hank is closer to 7 years old maybe even 8 than 4, he is a year older than Jasmine.

I think I heard Kid Rock say it was cumulation of three songs, I knew the two you mention but I am not sure of the third. I like the song along with Amen, great song with a good message.

jporterGOP said...

according to the vet's records he's 4 on june 6th