Thursday, May 22, 2008

Memory Disks, Sidewalks and Birds

Everybody already knows all about my camera problems in the last couple of weeks and how I was treated by Canon. I have already mentioned that I thought Canon went above and beyond what they needed to do to have a happy customer. My only complaint, and believe me it was very minor, was they didn't send my memory card back with the new camera they sent me. Well guess what was on my back porch when I came home at noon today for lunch? That's right another Fedex package and guess what was in it? Right again, my memory card plus the batteries from my old camera. Now doesn't that just top all? Only one problem though, the old memory card doesn't work in my new camera. I don't think I will complain though.
Photobucket
For Sale: One (1) 256 MB compact flash card, slightly used but still works fine, may have one or two purple haze pictures on it.

If anybody has any use for this memory card let me know they can have it because I have absolutely no use for it.

It has been well documented that we moved from the hustle and bustle of Arlington/Washington DC area to the country of Wisconsin. In DC the sidewalks are are wide and always crowded with people. I thought you might enjoy our new sidewalks here in Wisconsin.
Photobucket
As we were walking tonight on the "sidewalks" of Wisconsin we never passed another sole, nobody bumped into us trying to go somewhere, and I think 5 vehicles may have passed us on the road. Life is a little different here in Wisconsin, just a touch slower. The only thing we saw tonight was this little bird out on his own evening stroll.
Photobucket
I should also mention while I was home today for lunch setting on my front porch was a UPS package with my new 4 gig Sansdisk. I'll bet nobody knew we had a segregated house when it came to delivery men. Fedex uses the back porch and UPS uses the front. It won't be long and the government will step in and desegregate my porches.

And speaking about birds last week on my way up to Wausau I saw a bald eagle. They are such a great bird and worthy of being our national symbol. I never tire of seeing one.

And speaking about Wausau here is a picture of the building I am the project manager on.
Photobucket
As you can see it is starting to come to a finish. Don't ask me what I think of the architecture on this one. Well, ok, personally I think the architect missed the boat with the design. To me this building doesn't jump out a say anything, just another plain old building. This is a manufacturing plant for a major window maker you would have thought they would make a statement of some kind with the design. And that's to bad because this is a LEED building which means it is a green building, very energy efficient and environmentally friendly.

Just in case you are wondering no I didn't take this picture.

1 comment:

carriegel said...

i like the sidewalks in wisconsin better than the sidewalks in dc