Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Guess What I Got Today?

So I am sitting at home today at lunch time watching First Take on ESPN and guess who shows up? Yep it was the FEDEX men (I guess it takes two to do deliveries now) with my camera. I was elated to finally have my camera back from Canon even though it was only a week.

I tore open the box and the first thing I find is the invoice from Canon describing what was wrong with the camera, blah, blah, blah. The next thing I read is the amount owed $0.00, cool. I then notice inside the box a complete set of operating instructions, now that is cool they sent a new set of instructions. I took the books out of the box and below them was another box. I am thinking "Boy that Canon company goes first class when they send cameras back to people." Then I notice a new cord for the camera, huh? New batteries in a package too. Wow, that Canon knows how to take care of customers. Then I lift up the Styrofoam packaging material and what do I see? A black camera! What? My camera is silver, did they make a mistake? I grabbed the invoice and start reading and it says "We regret to inform you that the parts were not available for your camera so we sent you one of equal or better value than the one you sent in. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you." Inconvenience? I send in a Canon Powershot S1 1S that takes pictures at 3.1 megapixels and you send me back a Canon Powershot S5 1S that takes pictures at 8.0 megapixels and you are sorry for the inconvenience? Don't be, apology accepted. I'm happy I just wish you would have sent my memory card back but I will live. I will gladly buy a new memory card and will never say any bad words about Canon.

What I like about this camera is I can mount my bounce flash on top of it. This will be a huge improvement in pictures taken inside the house. It also has a built in macro lens, a lens you can actually touch the subject you are taking a picture of.
Photobucket
I realize this may not be the best subject for a picture but it was the only thing that would hold still for me in the wind tonight. Oh the possibilities.

I did take some pictures of dinner tonight which I will share with you.
Photobucket
A while back I posted a dinner that showed all the ingredients lined up that I used for that meal. My two half century old sisters quickly asked if I was turning into one of their favorite blogs "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman." I thought they said this because she made ketchup or something similar to that in one of her post. Then I decided to check out her post and then I got it, she too lines up all her ingredients she is using for the meal she is making. So much for me having an original idea.
Photobucket
This is one of those quick meals that takes about the same amount of time to make as it takes for the pasta to cook. Here is a hint form Mario Batali I use and it works, after the pasta is cooked take about a cup of the pasta water and put it into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. My understanding is this will help everything to stick to the pasta better. If there is an another reason for this please leave a comment but for now that is my story and I am sticking to it.
Photobucket
This is the finished product. I gave it a 5 out of 5 forks. Simply delicious. I think the Kentucky ham had something to do with it. It is a real ham with no water added and 1/3 of the salt of a normal ham you would buy from the store. I think this may be the best ham I have ever had.

Stayed tuned because I have my camera back and I am ready to post new pictures. Now I just have to figure out what all the buttons do.

9 comments:

megawatt miler said...

yum, that looks good!

jporterGOP said...

much better picture quality

Unknown said...

Better picture quality than the pics you took that I posted yesterday or the ones on my earlier post?

That bounce flash makes all the difference inside. I'm happy, I just need a larger memory disk.

carriegel said...

wow, that flower picture is cool!
memory cards are cheap. staples had a 2 gig sandisk card the other week for twenty dollars.

our little camera is now missing. has anyone seen it?

Unknown said...

I just ordered a 4 gig high speed Sandisk and paid about $50.00. It is suppose to upload pics a lot faster than a standard memory card.

Your little camera has probably ran off with my big camera.

carriegel said...

probably i can't figure out where it is. i need it too.

carriegel said...

guess what? i accidently put d's coat on today and couldn't figure out why it felt "heavy". it felt "heavy" because the little camera was in it. happy days! now i can take it to the pirates game sat night.

Unknown said...

Was my camera with it?

carriegel said...

no i asked my camera if it had seen your camera but sadly the answer was "no".