Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Garden

The other night I think I may have mentioned I am growing a garden this year. This is the beginnings of that garden.
Photobucket
Pretty impressive huh? I miss having a garden back home in Michigan so this is the next best thing. As soon as I don't have to worry about frost anymore (around late July) I am going to set my garden down on the ground in front of our deck. It should be a good spot because the sun hits this spot all day long. I will give periodic updates as the garden progresses.

Speaking about sunshine I was reading older sister's blog the other day and she was complaining about all the rain they have had over the last few weeks. Well late me tell you something all we have had for the last week or so is sunshine. If fact we could use some rain. The farmers have all the fields planted and one of the guys at work told me the corn is starting to show in the fields. The weekend is suppose to be in the '70's and sunshine. Maybe we will wonder down to the ballgame in Milwaukee. The Brewers never get rained out because in their new stadium they can put the roof over the stadium in bad weather. Wasn't baseball meant to be played outside regardless of weather?
Photobucket
I was outside tonight playing with my new camera and took this picture. I think I am going to really enjoy that macro lens. You don't know how many years I have wanted on of these lens. The wife thinks I have gone nuts with the camera she threatened to have me committed after she saw me taking pictures of food. She just doesn't understand, it's cheap entertainment. I have always enjoyed going out and taking photos I just got away from it when the kids were growing up. I was always chasing them to one place or another. Now the youngest may try to tell you I never took any pictures of him but that isn't the case at all. I have plenty of pictures, especially of him playing ball in the last few years. I am hoping the district games don't get rained out while I am there because I want to take more pictures while I am there.

I just purchased a 4 gig sandisk memory card so I should be able to take plenty of pictures while I am there. If my ciphering is right that baby should hold over 1000 photos.

I think my next purchase will be some photo editing software. I have been using Picasa 2 and I am starting to realize its limitations. I think I need something more because there is other things I want to do with my photos and can't right now. Canon sent some new photo editing software with the camera but I think it is along the lines of Picasa, it has limitations.

I was at Johnsonville Sausage yesterday and try to talk them out of 10 pounds of brats for the weekend but they would have none of that. I don't know if anybody has every tried Johnsonville products but for store bought brats and sausage they are pretty darn good. If you ever get a chance try their Sweet Italian Sausage in spaghetti sometime, it really adds a new flavor and much better than the dreary old hamburger.

4 comments:

carriegel said...

I always buy Johnsonville Brots. They are so good. I use them in my lasagna recipe which is really good too.

Do you want my Photoshop Elements? I even have a book to go with it. I have upgraded so don't need it anymore.

Unknown said...

Yeah I wouldn't mind playing around with it and then maybe it will help me decide what I want to buy later.

What is the difference between Elements and the one you use today?

carriegel said...

elements was designed from their more powerful professional version. it does many of the things of full blown photoshop just not as many bells and whistles.

i haven't installed my new photoshop yet. waiting until i get an external harddrive and back up all my photos. plus i want to move my music off of my computer to that harddrive too.

i will bring it with me and may even make up a little cheat sheet to get you started.

Unknown said...

Sounds good, I will bring the ribs and the award winning key lime pie.