Saturday, May 24, 2008

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

WINGS WIN!! The wings win and in convincing fashion with a 4-0 victory. Other then the first 10 minutes of the first period the wings dominated this game. The first period they took 4 penalties so they spent half the period playing short handed. Once they killed off the penalties the game changed. The Red Wing defense took over and gave up only 7 shots over the last two periods. The inexperienced Penguins started to turn the puck over and the Wings took advantage. I have to say though I really like Sidney "The Kid" Crosby, he is going to be a great hockey player. I just love the way he plays the game.

Tigers win. I know I was going to spend some time writing about the Tigers but they have been playing so bad I thought maybe if I ignored them maybe they would turn it around. So far it hasn't been working so maybe I will start to pay a little more attention to them when the Stanley Cup playoffs are over. By the way the score was 19-3.

Pistons lose. I don't watch a lot of basketball but I do pay attention to the Pistons when they get into the playoffs. There isn't a better person than Joe Dumars in all of sports. He was a class act as a player and continues to be as the front office person for the Pistons. He is the reason the Pistons continue to be good year after year.

Our Saturday
I got up this morning and the first thing I wanted to do was write about the REO Speedwagon concert we went to last night. After that the wife reminded me we had to take the car to Sheboygan today and get an emissions test done. This is something that is required in the county we live in. If we lived another 5 miles to the north we wouldn't have to have an emissions test. It's like watching a doctor operate through a glass window. You watch them take the car a perform different test on it and then the last thing they do is test the gas cap. Why? I don't know, they just do it. The car passed with flying colors.

After that we went to Home Depot shopping, spent to much money and then we headed to Fond Du Lac to the new grocery store we were at last weekend. The wife needed to pick up the key limes for the award winning key lime pie she will be making for next weekend. Saturdays are always our shopping day I am suppose to have our weekly meals planned out so we can get our groceries for the week. I didn't have any plans and that is not good when you are already in the grocery store. I quickly came up with a plan and we hit the isles.

Some of the groceries we bought today are shown below for our dinner.
Photobucket
Tonights menu was grilled salad brushed with olive oil and then served with raspberry vinegarette, lemon butter grilled salmon, and grilled prawns with Emeril's Essence sprinkled on them. The salad was good, different and definitely worth another try. The salmon was a much better effort than the last time I made it. I took the skin off before I grilled it this time and sprinkled it with a little Emeril's before I brushed on the butter flavored lemon juice. Overall a 4.75 out of forks out of 5, I'm not sure I can improve much more. The prawns were good but I think I may have over cooked them because they were just a touch tough. It could be from them being on the large side too, still good though.

For dessert tonight we had grilled pineapple spears brushed with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. I can't tell you how simple this is to do and how delicious it is, a great topper to a fully grilled meal.
Photobucket
I can't think of a better way to top off the day than by watching the Red Wings win tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am NOT showing Marv the picture of your grilled food. We have no time to eat here and that's just add to the moanin', groanin' and complaining I'm hearing!

Unknown said...

I thought you were using these pictures as inspiration to get your "man" to use the grill more.