Monday, December 15, 2008

Dateline: December 14, 2008

7:45am - Wake up and roll over in bed and notice it's 7:45am. "Holy cow how did I sleep in so late I got to get my lazy butt out of bed."

8:00am - Turn on Food Network to watch the best hour of television - Tyler's Ultimate and Grill it with Bobby Flay.

8:01am - Pissed off because Tyler's Ultimate isn't on this morning something else is on in its place.

8:02am - Time for breakfast.

8:03am - Pissed off because I forgot to buy eggs for breakfast. I got to have eggs on Sunday. Not a good start.

8:04am - Start to make out grocery list for today's cooking. First on the list - eggs.

8:30am - Bobby Flay comes on, at least I got that right. Things are starting to turn around.

9:00am - Check the weather. Holy cow 50 degrees outside.

9:01am - Look outside and see over half our snow has melted over night. Things are getting better all the time.

9:02am - Go upstairs and change my clothes to head for the grocery store.

9:15am - Jump in the car and head for town, destination: Piggly Wiggly.

9:25am - Pull into the Pig's parking lot.

9:30 to 10:00am - Buy groceries.

10:15am - Arrive back at home and unload groceries.

10:30am - Groceries are put away and I look across the kitchen, I'm thinking "It might be awhile until the kitchen is this clean again."

Photobucket

(See that piece of paper on the counter? That is the recipe for my Throwdown soup. Can you read it? Too bad.)

10:40am - Time to make my eggs for breakfast, I'll bet you thought I forgot to buy them eh?

Photobucket

10:50am - Time to eat eggs. Notice all this from a cast iron frying pan, no teflon here, treated properly eggs will not stick to cast iron.

Photobucket

11:00am - Time to get started cooking, I have lots to do today. I need to make pasta sauce for the Lasagna I will be making later and for the Ragu I am making for my dinner tonight. I will also be making the first part of my soup for next weeks impending Throwdown.

11:05am - Line up ingredients to make red sauce. Might make a good post for Jock's Good Grub someday.

Photobucket

12:15pm - Finish making red sauce an put off to the side for later.

12:30pm - Finish cleaning kitchen and start making Lasagna.

Photobucket

12:45pm - Make bechamel sauce for lasagna.

1:03pm - Cook pasta for lasagna.

1:30pm - Cook sausage for lasagna

1:45pm - Line up all ingredients to put into lasagna.

2:00pm - Assemble lasagna and insert into oven for 45 minutes.

2:05pm - Look across kitchen and the mess isn't too bad. I try to keep it cleaned up as I go.

Photobucket

2:15pm - Start on Throwdown soup recipe.

Photobucket

(Sorry it's a surprise.)

2:35pm - TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS. The Lion's just tied up the Colts and it the beginning of the 4th quarter. Could this be the game they finally win?

2:45pm - Take lasagna out of the oven to let cool off so I can put it in the freezer. This lasagna is heading for Michigan for dinner one night next week.

Photobucket

2:46pm - Colts score a touchdown, score Colts 28 Detroit 21. The Lions still have a chance.

2:55pm - Colts kick a field goal the score is now Colts 31 Detroit 21. So much for winning that game. Only two more games to go can the Lions do it? If they play like they did today they will win one of the last two. They played hard today the Colts are just to good for them.

2:56 to 4:00pm - Finish making the first part of the throwdown soup to freeze and finish once I get to Michigan. Sorry for the lack of pictures but....well....you know, can't give away any secrets.

4:01pm - Sit down and watch a little bit of the Pittsburgh vs Baltimore football game. Good game.

4:30pm - Time to start my dinner - Chicken Ragu.

Photobucket

4:31pm - Check the recipe on my Google Documents page. I store all my recipes on Google Documents now. I realize Google will own me someday. If you have ever heard of cloud computing, the way of the future, this is the beginning of it. Google will take over everything and Microsoft will be left behind.

4:32pm - Line up the ingredients for a future Jock's Good Grub post if this turns out.

Photobucket

5:15pm - Plate up my dinner and sit down to watch some the the Pittsburgh and Baltimore game.

Photobucket

5:43pm - Finish eating and clean up the kitchen.

6:00pm - I take a look at the pans I used today.

Photobucket

That's a darn good collection of cast iron.

6:20pm - Finish cleaning up the kitchen.

6:25pm - Walk out of kitchen, tired.

Photobucket

6:30pm - Sit down to watch Sunday Night Football but I find the movie Jeremiah Johnson on and watch it instead. Good movie.

10:00pm - Lights out.

7 comments:

carriegel said...

i'm tired just reading everything you did on sunday.

did you see the end of the steelers game? they can't keep falling behind and think they can pull it out in the end. it was exciting to watch though.

Unknown said...

Even though the game was low scoring it was a great game to watch. Two good teams playing good football.

They keep talking about the controversial play in the end zone but I think even if they hadn't ruled it a touchdown they would have scored within the next couple of plays. Still a great game.

jporterGOP said...

i still love the lights under the cabinets

Anonymous said...

i was going to comment on those lights under the cabinet. very cool. sounds like you missed the last survivor show though. too bad. good guy finally won.

megawatt miler said...

yeah he did!

im impressed you can get out of the grocery store in 30 minutes

carriegel said...

hey, those lights are cool.

Unknown said...

I missed Survivor? Darn.