Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Here We Go Again........

Did I sleep in or something? What month is this? January? February? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

Look at this.....

Photobucket

From looking at this picture you might think this picture was taken this January.

Photobucket

You might even think you were in the UP because for this time of year this is acceptable.

Photobucket

You might even think they were taken last winter when we set a new record for snowfall around here.

Photobucket

You might even think it looks an awful lot like rabbit hunting in the UP. But you would be wrong about all the photos. You see these photos were taken this last Monday. I shoveled 12" of snow off our deck on Monday between morning and night. Two days before that I shoveled off 2". I don't mind the 2" because this is after all the end of November we expect a little snow. Today I had to shovel another 4" of snow off our deck. I am almost out of room on the sides because the snow level is as high as the deck now. I couldn't even get in the driveway Monday at lunch time because the snow plow plowed in the end of my driveway.

Now what's better....this

Photobucket

Or this....

Photobucket

This....

Photobucket

Or this....

Photobucket

Would you rather sit on this deck.....

Photobucket

Or this deck...

Photobucket

Ahh the smell of freshly mowed lawns...

Photobucket

I really do miss that.

Since I have been sitting here working on this post I have watched the snow plows go by our house 4 different times. If he plowed me in again I might have to go find my shovel and hit him with it.

It's going to be a long winter.

Ahh but I just found a movie to cheer me up. Take a look.....



That's right a classic, one of my favorites and it's on tonight and probably every other night from now until Christmas. A Christmas Story.

Yippe Kay Yay.

6 comments:

carriegel said...

lucky duck. why can't we have snow like that?

great photos.

jporterGOP said...

such a great movie

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Looks like you're well on your way to being tired of the white stuff by February.

Unknown said...

I'm tired of it right now, it's to early.

JP said...

Did you know the year low in Torrance, CA is about 75 degrees with a year high of about 95 degrees? Goodbye, snow.

Unknown said...

Did you know you aren't there yet and you can still end up in Siberia.