Friday, November 21, 2008

Bachelors, Frozen Turf, and Babies

If you are reading this part because you think this is some update on the show "The Bachelor" well you are in for a big disappointment. This is about me being a bachelor again, well at least for the next month. This morning I dropped the wife off out in the middle of nowhere so she could hitch a ride back to Michigan. She will be staying in Michigan until Christmas when she will come back to Wisconsin with me. If you're thinking Christmas? That means he must not be coming for Thanksgiving you would be right. I will be spending Thanksgiving alone this year, well not alone I will be with the Lions. The Lions? What did I do to deserve this?

This also give me a chance to cook some meals I normally wouldn't cook if the wife were here. That means watch my other blog for the next month and you will see the kinds of food I really like. You can expect lots of shrimp, rice and pasta.

I'm hoping while I'm here alone for the next month the walls don't start talking to me. And if they do I hope I don't answer.

When I got home tonight I walked out to the mailbox and discovered the ground is froze. When did this happen? I'm not sure I was ready for that after all didn't I just mow the lawn not to long ago? How far away is snow now? I got to tell you it's way to early. I'm thinking about writing mother nature a letter to remind her it's not Thanksgiving yet so there is no reason to get in a hurry to turn down the temperature. I think I will remind her about global warming too. How will we ever prove global warming if our ground is frozen in November?

Today while a work I received a phone call from Amy. You might not think this is unusual but this is the first time she has called me at work. She calls me from time to time on my cell phone or on the home phone (usually fathers day or my birthday)but never at work. At first I thought something must be wrong but she was in a cheerful mood, which is a minor miracle. (I hope she doesn't read this and if she is I am only kidding, honestly). Anyway she says to me "You're going to be a grandpa!" I say "I am. Who did Lee knock up?" Well I thought it was funny. I told her she was making me feel old too. Just in case you don't get my ramblings Amy is pregnant. Let's hope for a healthy baby.

So that was my Friday a little lonely, cold and feeling a little bit older tonight.

5 comments:

carriegel said...

i was expecting football predictions today not baby news! congratulations! someday i hope that is me that is making that announcement.

Unknown said...

I was going to do them this morning but I ran out of time.

How about this:

Ohio State Suckeyes 45 Michigan 6

ND 38 Syracuse 17

Penn State 27 MSU 17

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready for the babies to have babies! How exciting for you, grandpa! Congratulations.

jporterGOP said...

Your Notre Dame score is a little off...

Unknown said...

So was Michigan State I thought they were better than that.