Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Need Help!!!

Oh boy here we go again another weekend of depressing football games. I think I may find some help from a doctor to help cure my weekend depression. What did I ever do to deserve the punishment of watching Michigan and Detroit Lion football games? Haven't I had to endure enough torture this fall? Between the two of them they have 2 wins in 15 games. Oh well I can always hope for the future because that is all I really have anyway.

Let's do something different this week and start at the bottom of the food chain and work our way up.

First up is the Detroit Lions. They are playing at Chicago this week and I'm not sure anything else needs to be said. The Lions are looking for their first victory but I don't think they will find it here. Chicago has a good defense and Detroit has a terrible offense. I can't see the Lions improving this week since the game will be outside and could be a little cold too. Da Bears will run the football, throw the football and control the clock. Let me see now how about Chicago 31 Detroit 6.

Next up is Michigan State. Wisconsin comes into Lansing this week riding a one game winning streak while MSU is coming off their emotional high of beating some team to the east of them (I can't seem to remember who that team was.) If you look at the records of the two teams this seems like an easy pick since MSU has a much better record than Wisconsin. Wisconsin has been a big disappointment this year. At one time they were ranked number nine in the country and then Michigan beat them. They preceded to loose their next three to start 0-4 in the Big Ten. I really don't understand this team and I think they are better than their record indicates. When I consider this and the fact that MSU is coming off an emotional high from last week I think I will pick Wisconsin. I know the game is in East Lansing but I think in true Spartan fashion they will go into the tank this week. Wisconsin will stop Ringer which is the only offense the Spartans have. MSU is too one dimensional on offense to beat the better teams. Wisconsin 27 MSU 10.

Now we come to Notre Dame. A week ago I was ready to pick Pittsburgh in this game despite the fact that ND is playing at home. What happened? Well Pittsburgh got throttled last week and their quarterback got knocked out of the game and spent the night in the hospital. I'm not sure if he is playing this week or not but even if he is I'm not sure if he will be okay. I also remembered who coaches this team, Dave Wannsetedt, Mr. choke artist. I don't know if he has ever won a big game in either the NFL or college. Since I came to my senses now I will pick ND 27 Pitts 17.

Michigan plays at Purdue this week and this is the game to see who stays out of last place. Michigan's season is shot, a bowl game is out of the question and all they have to look forward to is next year. But Purdue is in worse shape with their decade being shot, a coach who is retiring after this year (at least I think he is), and going steadily downhill since Drew Brees and Kyle Orton graduated. Purdue has never been known to play good defensive football and now their offense is just as bad. If Michigan's disappointing defense plays anywhere near their ability I think the offense can get enough done to get them a win. I will pick Michigan 17 Purdue 13.

There you have it this weeks uninformed, fly by the seat of my pants predictions. Let's see yours.

7 comments:

carriegel said...

lions/chicago. such a hard pick, not. dave is going to that game and i hope he doesn't wear his lions jacket or he will be laughed out of the stadium as the bears take it to the lions.

pitt/nd. did you know that weis and pitt's coach have coached against each other in the nfl? both also have graduated from the universities that they now coach. and both are 5 - 2 for the season. that will change today when nd beats pitt.

state/wisconsin. i hope you're right in your analysis because i am rooting for wisconsin.

mi/perdue. i think this game is a toss up. if i have to pick, i will go with michigan but i hope i am wrong.

megawatt miler said...

he has a lions jacket? im wearing my nd stuff!

jporterGOP said...

dave wannstadt is whom aunt c is referring to I believe. personally, i think he's a terrible coach. haha

Unknown said...

Wannestedt followed Jimmy Johnson around in the pros and lived off his success. He is the one responsible for the demise of the Miami Dolphins. I can't remember any big game he has ever won with any team. His teams always underachieve in the big games.

Terrible coach.

Unknown said...

Ouch that was a bad day.

megawatt miler said...

yes it was.

ive always been annoyed by pitts coach.

carriegel said...

if you thought today was bad just wait until tomorrow!