Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Frozen Tundra....Part Duex

When I left you yesterday we were about to walk through these gates to a real live football game.

Photobucket

Only one problem, we had to get through the security check first. It took just about 20 minutes to get through the security check station. They pat down everyone going through the gates for contraband. The guy next to me got caught trying to sneak in a bottle of peppermint schnapps. The security guard gets a disgusted look on his face and casually tosses the bottle behind him into a dumpster that is full from all the other bottles that have been confiscated. This is the worse line I have every been in to get into an event. Don't they know about the wands every other stadium uses to check people? Probably not after all this is Wisconsin.

Once inside we find our seats (it is now midway through the first quarter) and the first thing I notice is the names that go around the stadium on the ring of fame.

Photobucket

I chose Reggie White because out of all the names on the ring of fame because I think he best exemplifies what pro sport athletes should be. Reggie was a class act and it is too bad he died shortly after retiring from the NFL.

Let's get to some action on the field, afterall that's why we are here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Halftime.

Photobucket

The guys in the front in full dress uniforms just got back from Iraq a week ago. The guys in the back just got sworn into the Army and more than likely be heading to Iraq in a few weeks.

Photobucket

This was a great halftime show with a tribute to the men and women serving in the military complete with a song being sung by a soldier.

Photobucket

And an eagle that took a lap around the field before landing on this guys arm.

Photobucket

Halftime is over and back to the game.

Photobucket

As I mentioned earlier this game was all Packers as they won 37-3. I had plenty of chances to get pictures of Devon Hester returning kicks. I was hoping he would return one all the way but it never happened.

Photobucket

I wish I had taken more pictures of the people that dress up for these games. The Packer fans certainly get the award for the most creative costumes. I did get this picture of a lady (at least I think it was a lady) sitting in front of us.

Photobucket

This is one of the milder getups I saw on Sunday. Next time I will give a better effort to get some of these pictures.

That's it, that's all I got. Next time I will do better and take pictures of some of the more interesting things like people and vehicles.

8 comments:

carriegel said...

Baltimore does pat downs too. Girls lines and boys lines. Our line went really fast. In fact, I don't think we even waited.

Your pictures are great. How close were your seats?

jporterGOP said...

Reggie White...

My first favorite NFL player.

Unknown said...

We were on the 20 yard line and 3/4's of the way up the stands. It's a great place to watch a game because you are so close to the field from any seat. It kind of reminded me of being at a high school game.

In Green Bay there were not any separation of boys or girls. What ever line you got in is who patted you down. If they were changing security guards I didn't see it. I doubt anyone really cared because most were three sheets to the wind anyway.

jporterGOP said...

I never understood the expression "three sheets to the wind". Does anyone get it? I know what it means, but I don't understand the correlation.

megawatt miler said...

go ryan grant!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Wow!

also: The term "three sheets to the wind", meaning "staggering drunk", refers to a ship whose sheets have come loose, causing the sails to flap uncontrolled and the ship to meander at the mercy of the elements.

Unknown said...

Sounds appropriate.

Ryan Grant was the man that day I think he had 145 yards rushing.

megawatt miler said...

yes he did-he scored more points than anyone else on my fantasy team!