Monday, November 17, 2008

Welcome to the Frozen Tundra

What a beautiful day for a football game, 32 degrees, snow flurries in the air and a slight breeze. Yep football was meant to be played outside, it's the only way to watch it too.

I was offered a ticket to the Packers and Bears game Saturday morning and there was no way I was going to turn it down since I think one of the items on my bucket list is to go to a football game at Lambeau Field in December. Ok so it's not December yet but the weather felt like December.

Just in case you are not sure what Lambeau Field looks like here is a reminder a picture I took last summer on a rainy day.

Photobucket

I was told if I ever went to a game I must do the tailgating thing before a the Packers game. This was definitely the largest tailgating party I have been to. I think there are a lot of people here that only go for the tailgating and I don't blame them. I think the tailgating might have been more fun than the game itself. Unfortunatly I didn't get all the pictures I wanted too we got rushed for time because of how long it took us to get to the stadium. There were several cars, buses, vans and who knows what else all in that pukey green and gold of the packers. And I don't know why they call it gold when it looks yellow to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But we did have time to fire up a grill before the game and down a couple of brats and since it is Wisconsin a couple of beers too.

Photobucket

There are all sorts of people wearing all sorts of stuff too. This guy was tailgating next to us and believe me he was having a good time.

Photobucket

How true that shirt ended up being since the Packers beat the Bears 37-3.

We got the brats on the grill along with the sauerkraut.

Photobucket

They're looking good eh? Time to eat.

Photobucket

Come on, come on put some of that kraut on here.

Photobucket

Mmm good stuff, I think I found a new way to eat my brats, sauerkraut and dijon mustard.

Since it is getting late tonight I will save some pictures for tomorrow night. If you come back tomorrow will go through these gates and see what's on the other side.

Photobucket

4 comments:

megawatt miler said...

yay for cold weather football!

jporterGOP said...

grakhdfkjaskd faksjf as
fjask fjask
jf
askjf kasj
f asjkf
ajsk
jj jkdsfjasdklfjasklfjas lfjaskjasdkfjasdkl fasdklfja
sfj ksajfads
fjadsk


that's my frustration and jealousy.

carriegel said...

i have been waiting for your post.

i watched the game on tv until the announcers said "looks like the packers have everything under control so we are switching games."
what?! i want to watch the packers have everything under control.

then from that game we switched to the bengals/patriots game. that is until overtime. the patriots have punted, cincinnati has the ball and the announcers say, "due to nfl rules we will now have to leave this game>" what?

can we just watch the games? of course, if it was the lions we would be there until the last fan has left the stadium. come to think of it that might be before the end of the game too.

Unknown said...

Cold weather football is the best.

I knew peej would be jealous since he is a big Packer fan. I could care less about the Packers but I do like the Bears.

I see the national media is starting to pay attention to the Lions and their run towards immortality. This is the kind of attention no team wants.