Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Official

The votes are in, they have been counted and recounted and it is official, my classic rock song of the week will remain.

A week ago I wasn't sure anybody was listening to it or watching it so I was thinking about pulling it. So when in doubt put up a poll and let the people decide. In a classic Florida way of counting the classic rock song lives another day.

In honor of the classic rock song I will give you an extra this week.



Kenny Wayne Shepherd again with the Allman Brothers classic "Midnight Rider." I love that song and this version is just about as good as the original. In fact I just got yelled at from the other room for playing it to loud. This song was made load to play load.

This type of music has probably been my favorite type for a long time. It is a southern rock sound with a heavy blues influence. Bands like Marshall Tucker, 38 Special, Lynard Skynard have always been some of my favorites. I know I am starting to border towards the country music but I think it is country music that has moved towards the southern rock sound, not the other way around.

What can I say I like my classic rock songs.



This is a live version of this song. You would have to think hard to find a band that sounds this good live. Maybe the Eagles, maybe.

4 comments:

carriegel said...

Hootie and the Blowfish sound as good in person as they do on cd. They don't have to do a lot of fixing in the studio on the tracks they record. They are really good.

Speaking of southern bands, the Pirates end the season with a concert after the last home game. Guess who is playing? Lynyrd Skynyrd. Guess who will be there? That's right. Me.

Unknown said...

Guess what my next classic rock song is. That's right Lynyrd Skynrd Simple Man.

JP said...

I love .38 Special. Especially Hold On Loosely. And I can't wait for Simple Man.

Unknown said...

Look to the right of the blog page, it is already there.