Saturday, March 1, 2008

Lesson of the Day: Never Order Fish on Saturday Night

Just got back in from my weekly date with the wife and decided to check out the blog world to see what has been happening. It was nice to see one of our old neighbors respond to one of my postings. I hope he sticks around and shares his comments with us. It was also nice to see my young'n j finally decided to join us. I hadn't heard from him for so long I thought maybe he joined up with Hilary's futile campaign effort. (If you don't get this joke you need to go read one of his recent post on his blog.)

We went out to one of the local restaurants tonight here in Wisconsin (which shall remain nameless because of the outcome) like we usually do once a week. Before we left I told her "Let's go someplace we haven't been before." She agreed so we lit out for a local supper club. I am not sure why but it seems like every other restaurant in Wisconsin is called a supper club.

I ordered the special, prime rib with seasoned french fried potatoes, the soup of the day clam chowder, and a Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss beer. All in all a good meal. I normally will only order prime rib about once a year so tonight must have been the annual ritual.

Wifey ordered another special of the day, deep fried perch, seasoned french fried potatoes, and a Coke. Needless to say she didn't share the same enthusiasm for her meal as I did for mine. Now normally in Wisconsin fresh panfish is the biggest restaurant seller around. On Friday nights anyway. As I write this she is bent over the great porcelain god giving her meal back to nature. I never gave it a thought and apparently neither did she but the perch they gave her was probably left over from the Friday night fish fry.

Glad I ordered the prime rib now, I was close to ordering the perch because I was having a craving for fish tonight. I am not sure why I changed my mind.

The moral of the story: Don't buy Friday nights fish special on Saturday night.

No comments: