Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One of Those Nights

Ever had one of those nights? The darn computer just won't do anything you want? I did last night. It was sloooooooow, and I mean slow. It was worse than having a dial up connection. When I could get online it ran slow and most of the time it would not even hook up. After about an hour of futile effort I gave up. No matter how many times I reset the modem or reset the computer it just wouldn't cooperate. It was so frustrating.

I finally came to the conclusion it had to be Verizon's dsl line coming to the house or somewhere outside the house anyway. My clue was the little red light where it says dsl. I guess when the little red light is on it means I have no connection. Maybe next time I will look for the little red light before I spend so much time resetting everything.

3 comments:

jporterGOP said...

that red light has been on for a month at my house. that is why i get this lovely dial up connection until friday.

carriegel said...

You weren't the only one. My computer was running so slow last night. Plus, Google seemed to be down. I couldn't log into my google reader or into my account, I couldn't leave comments or post a new page. Glad to hear it wasn't just me.

Unknown said...

Sometimes when my connection is slow I can turn my modem off for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on. Once I turn it on I wait a couple of more minutes to let the dsl modem reset and everything will be back to normal. If you are using a dsl modem try this when your connection is slow. It usually works.