Saturday, June 7, 2008

Busy Busy Day

I wanted to get up early this morning because I had a lot to get done today since we had gone back to Michigan last weekend and nothing has been done around the house for the last two weeks. Since we got back from Michigan it has either rained or the Red Wings were on so the lawn hasn't been mowed for awhile.
Photobucket
Imagine my surprise this morning when the sun was shinning high through our bedroom window. I rolled over and I thought I could make out 8:00 on the clock/radio. The sun was shinning so brightly it was hard to read. I thought "Shoot I didn't want to sleep in today I have to many things to do." I rolled out of bed, got dressed (read jp's post from yesterday for pointers on how to get ready in under 10 minutes)and went downstairs to eat breakfast (Cinnamon Life cereal and milk.) I jumped on the internet real quick to check emails and google reader and I happened to look down at the time and it was only 6:10. Whew, now I have some time. I always forget we live in the central time zone and the sun comes up really early here.

Around 7:00 I ran into town to do some banking (ATM never closes) and get some gas for the lawn mower. On my way home I drove past Road America to see what was happening there. This is the weekend the big boys of motorcycle racing are here for a big race. We have been listening to them run around the track testing their motorcycles out for the last 3 nights. People were already starting to file into the race grounds for today's races.

When I got home I walked around the front of the house and look what I found.
Photobucket
While I waited for the grass to dry I decided to take the garbage to the dump (that's right we don't have garbage pickup)and come back through Elkhart Lake. Elkhart Lake is really the town we live in even though our address says Plymouth. We only live about 2 miles from Elkhart Lake. We stopped at the Farmer's Market today in Elkhart Lake to check it out. Today was the first day of the year for the Farmer's Market. It is still a little early for produce but we did manage to pick up a few things.

I got back home, mowed the front lawn, twice (look at above picture the grass was so long once just didn't get it) and then headed to Fond Du Lac grocery shopping. It was an expensive day for groceries since we hadn't gone for two weeks. We went back home and mowed the back yard, again twice.

By now it is dinner time. Tonights menu was grilled tuna with sesame flavored asparagus.
Photobucket
This was my first time eating tuna in any manner. I will give it 3 out of 5 forks because I over cooked it. I used the same temperature for doneness as I do for steaks. Guess what? It wasn't right. Next time I will know better. The wife and I both decided the tuna had enough good flavor to give it another try.

Dessert tonight was grilled peaches with balsamic vinegar glaze.
Photobucket
Not bad, I will give it a 2.5 out of 5 forks. Next time I will use riper peaches and add vanilla ice cream to them, that should boost up the rating.

During dinner we decided to go into Plymouth and check out the sprint cars on dirt. Unfortunately they were canceled because of the severe thunderstorms to the south of us. We came back home and look what was in our yard to greet us.
Photobucket

6 comments:

JP said...

I got up at about the same time as you (5:15 Eastern).

Those are some amazing pictures. Jordan even said the first plate looks good and he doesn't even like asparagus. It took him a minute to renig his statement.

Did you get that close to the rabbit?

Unknown said...

Taken at 12x power on the zoom lens and about 50 feet away.

carriegel said...

tuna, yuck. the asparagus looked good tho.

Anonymous said...

Tell Shae to get a bunny -- he's cute!

Unknown said...

Is there anything you like?

I wasn't sure I would like tuna either since I had never had it other than out of a can. I must say I was surprised and will certainly make it again. I will also have a better plan next time.

Unknown said...

Oh, I should add, wait until you see my Sunday dinner. I will post it in a couple of days.