Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My First Photoshop

Here is the first photo I touched up using Photoshop.
Photobucket
I am not sure I did everything right but I think I improved almost everything except her swing. How do you like the ball I merged into the picture? Just kidding, she actually hit it.

Here is a photo straight out of the camera.
Photobucket
As you can tell this picture is a little underexposed so I thought it would be a good one to experiment on.

This is the same photo after I touched it up with Picasa.
Photobucket
As you can tell this is a big improvement over the original photo. It takes just a few clicks of the mouse and about 30 seconds to get to this point but this is about as good as a photo can get using Picasa.

Here is the photo touched up with Photoshop Elements.
Photobucket
Now we're starting to run with the big dogs (that being the sisters). There are still some elements (a lot of elements) I need to learn with Photoshop but this is a start. Color contrast is a big improvement and sharpness is better (although it could be better). The biggest improvement to this photo would be a better follow through by the pitcher.

That will be enough for tonight because the Red Wings are about to start, maybe I will be back between periods.

Period 1-2 Update
Wings 1-0 right now but with these refs I don't think it will stay there. I'm not sure I have seen more inconsistent refs than these guys. I don't think the players know if it is safe or not to hit anybody.

Period 2-3 Update
Wings 2-1 now, refs still suck. Pitts gained some momentum late in the period so I was glad the end of the period came. Hopefully the Wings will get back to playing defense in the third.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a difference! Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha you are right that swing could use some work!

carriegel said...

i like that picture of sarah

i think the one of john still looks a little underexposed. click ctrl and l. the histogram should pop up. the left slider controls the dark points, the right the light points. they should be touching the histogram. the middle slider controls the midtones. slide it a little left and it should lighten it up a little. if you lose some contrast go back to the contrast control and up it a little.

Unknown said...

I messed with the histogram a little with this photo but that was before I read the instructions in the book. I may go back and play with it a little more now that I know a little more about it.

carriegel said...

my stomach hurts. just let the game end.

JP said...

I just got home and the game is on... beginning of the 3rd period.

carriegel said...

could it have been any closer?

jporterGOP said...

the follow through doesn't get much better than that