Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lake Garton

I was looking for photo opportunities tonight and I happen to come across this beautiful scene of a house overlooking their own private lake.
Photobucket

As you can see this was taken from the deck overlooking this expansive lake. I looked all around the lake and as near as I can tell this is the only house situated on it. Imagine that having your own lake in your backyard, it just don't get no better than that.

One good thing about the area we live in is the soil has real good drainage. All this water will be gone within 30 minutes.

We have had somewhere between 2-3 inches of rain since I got home tonight. This past weekend we had over 4" of rain. There are a lot of people around here that have flooded basements right now but so far ours is nice and dry. These have been some of the longest lasting thunder and lighting storms I have seen in a while. We have been under a tornado watch since mid afternoon too. I am telling you this because you Michigan people have all this to look forward to by morning. Good Luck.

If I was the owner of this house I would hurry up and sell it as lake front property.

I went outside tonight to try and get a picture of a lighting bolt. Unfortunately almost all the lighting stayed high above the clouds so this is about as good as I could do.
Photobucket

Our house isn't a good place for lighting pictures anyway. I think it would work better in wide open spaces.

2 comments:

carriegel said...

i love thunderstorms. well, as long as the dog doesn't decide that is the time she MUST go outside. crazy dog.

the rain needs to hold off here. i am having a party her friday night and going to see kenny chesney sat night.

megawatt miler said...

thanks for the warning-i heard its coming. hopefully i will be nice and safe at work by then...