Monday, June 30, 2008

Old College Buddies

I thought it was kind of funny Shae would post about some of her college friends on the same weekend I had a reunion of sorts with my old college buddies. In my case I wouldn't drive 5 miles to my 30th high school class reunion but I will drive 9 hours to meet up with my old college buddies. And I can say it was worth every minute on the road.

This is the picture of all the boys who showed up.
Photobucket

There is a Kozmo in there, a Dino, a Stashu, a Fond Du Lac, a Elliot Nutz, a Pelaker, a Harvey Wallbanger and of course yours truly. Missing from the picture is Sachmo, DaMart, Gus, Dano, and Dollar Bay Jim, 13 of us in all. We all got along but if you ask one of the wives she would say "If this is how you guys treat your friends I would hate to see what you guys would do to your enemies."
Photobucket

This is the cup that holds our group together. This cup has a 30 year history to it. If this cup could talk you wouldn't believe the stories it could tell. The last time I saw this cup was at Dino's bachelor party. The last time this cup was used was at Dino's bachelor party. It has been safely stashed away in Koz's underwear drawer for the last 25 or so years. It was brought back to us this weekend. Oh, you want to know what it was used for don't you? Well take a look.
Photobucket

Dino was a bad boy and when you are bad you must drink from the cup (now we know where Sarah gets it from). This cup has magical powers, when you drink from it it will make you act like a college dorm rat.

Oh we had a great weekend. This much fun should be illegal and probably was but all things come to an end and promises were made to do it again in the next couple of years. Let's hope so.
Photobucket

9 comments:

jporterGOP said...

sounds like a fun time

Anonymous said...

You're going to have to actually put the name to the face -- I can't figure out who's who. Sounds like a great time.

JP said...

I hung out with my college buddies last week and last weekend... That sounds like you had fun though. Good.

jporterGOP said...

yuck, I hate AC/DC

metallica was a much better choice

at least James Hetfield doesn't sound like Elmo when he sings

Unknown said...

It was a great time I haven't laughed at people (notice not with them at them) that much in a long time.

From left to right back row
Stan P.
Bill P.
Harvey R.
Front row left to right
Koz
Dino
Me
Pelak

For some reason Dave K. isn't in the picture, he must have been playing with his camera. Big sister took this picture with my camera.

megawatt miler said...

i want to know why you are on the only one in the picture without a beer in your hand!

Unknown said...

I don't drink beer.

What really happened was when we got together for the picture and were waiting someone said everybody had to have a beer. By that time they were already snapping pictures and I was being lazy and decided not to get one.

By the way I sent some beer your way for some party you are having. Have fun.

carriegel said...

i was there and that was a blast! wait til you see my pictures, brother!

Unknown said...

I don't remember you being there and I admit to nothing.