Sunday, July 6, 2008

The 4th Continued......

One of the hardest things for me to do with a camera at least is to photograph firework displays. I have tried before without much luck with my old (and yes still missing) 35 mm Canon AE1 camera. The problem with the old film cameras is how much film do you want to waste taking pictures especially when you don't know how the pictures are going to turn until they are developed. This is the big advantage to the new digital cameras not only can you take pictures until the cows come home but you can also view the pictures and see where you need to improve. The only limitations my digital camera has taking fire works pictures is I can't hold the shutter open for an indefinite amount of time.

Be that as it may here are my first fire works pictures I have taken in the last 25 years. Please keep the oohs, aahs and standing ovations until the end.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And the grand finale
Photobucket

6 comments:

megawatt miler said...

those are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. These are the only fireworks I saw this Fourth. I'm not really a fan. It's mostly I don't like crowds.

carriegel said...

wow those are awesome. did you use a tripod?

i have pictures to be posted after i get home. i hope they turned out half as good as yours.

JP said...

I'm glad you got these up. I've been looking forward to them. Anyway, I love the willow ones and I'm happy you got a picture of one. My favorite is the second to last one.

Unknown said...

Yes I used a tripod no way I could hold a camera that long.

What I really need is a camera with an unlimited shutter opening.

I am not a fire works fan either. These are the first I have attended in years. I was excited though because my sole purpose for going was picture taking and there was hardly any wind (evidence by all the smoke in the pictures)and it was a real nice night.

carriegel said...

mine may have unlimited shutter opening. i hope so because one of these nights i want to try taking a picture of the night sky.