Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pretty Slow Around Here

Not much really happening around here right now. The weather has been nice other than the storm last week the left a couple of barns around here without roofs. The local golf course lost some trees and a lot of other trees lost limbs. Most of the limbs I saw were partially hollow so maybe it was natures way of getting rid of the bad limbs. Today was in the low 80's and sunny, not very humid either.

We took a drive today before we went shopping in Fond Du Lac. Actually ended up in Osh Kosh so now I can scratch one off my bucket list and say "I've been to Osh Kosh by gosh." Osh Kosh looks like any other town I have been to in Wisconsin that has a population of 30,000 to 40,000 people. The one thing it has going for it is it sets on the shores of Lake Winnebago. Lake Winnebago is a large lake and I mean large. It is not like the great lakes but it is much, much larger than Houghton Lake.

Other than that not much happening around here. I should mention I have been working on a new whippy dip for Midland so for those of you that live around the Midland area you have that to look forward to shortly. It will be located in the Eastlawn Plaza in Midland.

I should also mention I have tickets to go watch the Cubbies play the Brewers next Thursday afternoon. Since they are both fighting for first place it should be a great game. Our seats are right behind the first base dugout. Stay tuned I should get some good pictures and have a post or two about something other than food. I should also say "Go Cubbies!!" I should probably keep it down a little bit in case some Brewer fans are listening.

I thought everybody, except peej, might be interested in my Saturday meal. I am still working on my food photography. If these pictures make you hungry or ask for the recipe then maybe I am making progress.

Photobucket

Do you like eggplant? If so you might want to give this a try. A little grilled eggplant, roasted red pepper, prosciutto, and smoke provolone cheese.

Photobucket

Mmm good. But do you see anything wrong? Got a guess?

Photobucket

If you said "Why the knucklehead forgot to put the basil in the Eggplant, Prosciutto and Provolone sandwiches" you would be right. I can't believe I forgot the basil. It was good anyway but I think it would be much better with a little fresh basil on it.

Photobucket

The stuff on the right is a little grilled chicken and portabello mushrooms in pasta. Pretty darned good in its own right. Either of these can be a meal by itself and I think next time that is what I will do. It is just to hard trying to grill two meals at the same time.

5 comments:

megawatt miler said...

i love eggplant-i would definitely eat that!

jporterGOP said...

i can't imagine what you payed for those tickets

Unknown said...

I didn't. When you buy $180,000 worth of equipment from one of your suppliers it is amazing what they will give you.

carriegel said...

i don't know which one looks better. you put my cooking to shame.

i love vendor tickets. we get some pretty incredible seats that way.

Unknown said...

I think I liked the eggplant the best because it was something a little different. I am eating the pasta dish for leftovers tonight. It is always better two days later.

Stayed tuned for tonights Sunday dinner post it's a good one. It will be well worth staying up late tonight to see it.