Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sunday Dinner Overtime

Recipes, recipes, recipes, you want them I got them. For everybody who wants the recipe from this week Sunday Dinner episode this is the place to get it.

It may be hard to believe but I don't make these meals up. Ok maybe it isn't so hard to believe but every now and then I do make one up. Like tonight I had a little chicken left over from the other day and I made up some chinese type meal with rice. What you may find unbelievable is it was edible too. I may have used a touch to much red pepper but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained.

But you are not reading this to hear about tonights meal, nope, you are reading this for the recipe for this weeks Sunday's Dinner episode. But just for a review here is what you will be making.............
Photobucket

Here is the list of ingredients you will need:
Photobucket

Here are the directions on how to put those ingredients together:
Photobucket

And here is a handy little hint (which I did use):
Photobucket

And like I said yesterday I used apple smoked bacon. I also soaked some apple wood chips in water and threw them on the charcoals when it came cooking time. Apple wood chips go so good with pork, just might be my favorite.

I think I also mentioned I would cut the salt down from this recipe. Keep in mind the bacon has plenty of salt in it already. If I would have thought about before I cooked the tenderloin I would have cut the salt in half from what the recipe calls for. And if you are using table salt I would cut it a quarter of what the recipe calls for.

I think 145-147 internal temperature is about perfect for pork tenderloin. I cooked it for 7 minutes on each side and then like the hint says I rolled it on the grill to crisp up the bacon. By the time you get done doing this it will be just about perfectly cooked.

And one more time this is what you are after............
Photobucket

Good luck and enjoy.

2 comments:

JP said...

I think I know why this is familiar. I've heard of it done with scallops.

Unknown said...

I have seen it done with scallops too but I am afraid the bacon would overpower the scallops.