Monday, April 28, 2008

The Lines of Spring

Photobucket
I thought I would post this photo because someone inquired about my lines being straight when I mowed the lawn the other day. As you can see these lines could be straighter but the hill on the left by the road is a lot steeper than it looks in the photo. The back of the tractor tends to slide down the hill because it is so steep. The other problem is once the tractor slides down the hill it can't get enough traction to climb back up the hill. Also to the right of the photo (you can't see it) the yard is tore up from the new septic system being installed last fall.

But know that it has been brought up I will take it as a challenge to make he lines straighter regardless of obstacles.

There are times where curvy lines will look better than straight lines. If you are following natural curves and contours of the yard sometimes it is impossible to make straight lines. After I mow the backyard next weekend I will post a sample of this.

The $20 dollar bet still stands but you have to start where I started in the above photo.

Key Lime Pie Update

We sampled the latest version (and probably the one we will be bringing with us) of key lime pie the wife made yesterday. If I was everyone else I wouldn't even bother with your entries in contest because this might be as good as it gets with key lime pie.

6 comments:

jporterGOP said...

at least you didn't mow perpendicular to the road. i hate it when i can see right down crooked rows from the road. it drives me nuts. that is why i got away from mowing straight down the fence line on the neighbor's side of the pond. i could never get that part straight, it always looked horrid.

JP said...

Psh... your pie will be put to shame, you just wait. And I'm going to show Jordan your straight lines and have him critique them... he mows a golf course for a living.

Unknown said...

I could out do him with my eyes closed. Just wait for future posts.

carriegel said...

i am doing a test pie next week. need to see if i keep that recipe or start over.

your grass looks good despite the crooked lines.

Unknown said...

The lawn really isn't as good as it looks in the photo. The lawn is really rough and has a lot of holes in it. I am hoping when the seed the area where the new septic system is they fix some of them. It beats you up when you mow it.

The lines will get better as I figure out the best way to mow the lawn.

JP said...

So I showed Jordan the picture and before he even saw your comment that says you could out do him with your eyes shut he said he could do better. And as for the holes... excuses.