Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tigers Loose Again

Tigers lost again today to the Royals 4-0. What has happened to the "best lineup ever assembled?" I don't care how good or bad you pitch if you don't score any runs you aren't going to win.

I think the Royals must have the Tigers number because they struggled with the Royals last year too. The Royals may be the reason the Tigers didn't make the playoffs last year and the way it looks they could be the reason this year.

I am not to worried about the Tiger sluggers though, I think they will still score their share of the runs. The bullpen scares the hell out of me.

I just read an article about Clete Thomas that said he retired after his basehit on opening day. Clete was a young player just out of the minors and this was his first basehit of his career. No reason was given to why he chose to retire unless this was some sort of April Fools joke.

Strange.

4 comments:

JP said...

I watched that game (like I said) and there was zero offense from the Tigers. Disappointing. The announcers hinted to the latino infeild playing in cold weather... but that's defense. Whatever. The only defensive fault I noticed was a WP but in the end, if they could have hit the ball a little, I think they would have been fine. KC had a few nice hits/breaks.

JP said...

P.S.

I watched Texas play softball today (home) and lost in the 7th inning 5 to 4. It was a great game to watch.

jporterGOP said...

I'm not a big fan of your classic rock song this week.

Unknown said...

The whole Tigers team is flat right now so I am not going to write about them until they win a game. I think I may be jinxing them. I will talk about the Nats who by the way are loosing as I write this.