Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Music Sequels

After the older sister had a post about songs and sequels to songs I thought long and hard to try to come up with some but there are not very many out there. I even googled song sequels and all I could come up with were original and parodies of the original songs. And then she wrote another post asking for songs you just can't stand to listen to. I really don't have any songs I can't stand other than all rap music and I sure can't post all those songs. I have been trying to come up with either a song sequel or a song I can't stand for the last week and I just haven't had any luck.

So I decided to take another approach, find songs someone has done and find a response to that song by another group or artist. Unlike the above songs big sis was looking for there are some of these type out there, not a lot but non the less there are some.

The one on my post tonight is probably the easiest one to find and both songs are classics. Neil Young came out with his song Southern Man first and the people in the south got offended by it. The response to Neil Young's song was by Lynyrd Skynyrd called Sweet Home Alabama.

3 comments:

JP said...

That's actually really cool and I'm glad you posted it. I wouldn't have thought to ever look that up on my own.

carriegel said...

I didn't know that.

I plan on posting the only other song sequel I know of. Maybe next week.

Unknown said...

I finally thought of one and I have to just find time to post it.